Monday, April 23, 2012

A Three-Generation Tavern Chronicle of Nurarihyon Slipperiness (ぬらりひょん ぬらりくらりの 居酒屋三代記): Rikuo and Tsurara

Always wanted to translate this for a very long time  because I love one aspect of Rikuo that was mentioned in this voice drama ! ^________^

I have translated this from the chinese translation.
You can listen to the japanese audio here







*sounds of running in the rain*

Rikuo: *knocks on the door* Excuse me
Lady: *opens door* Yes, who is it? Ah
Rikuo: Erm, can we take shelter here from the rain?
Lady: Of course, come in. I will go and get the towels. *sigh*
Rikuo: Thank you. Tsurara, we can take shelter.
Tsurara: That's great! Waka won't be catching a cold. *closes door*
Lady: Here's the towels. Please use them. *sigh* I will go and make some hot soup.
Tsurara: Thank you very much! Well waka, let's towel dry
wipe~wipe~wipe~wipe~
Rikuo: Aaaaah, wait, Tsurara, it's alright, I can dry myself
Tsurara: No, it will be a problem if you catch a cold.
wipe~wipe~wipe~wipe~
Rikuo: even so...

Tsurara: Ah, here too.

(Tsurara: once again, wipe~wipe~wipe~)
Rikuo: Aaaaaah ~~there~~~ahahahahahahahahahaha, Tsurara, it's ticklish~~~ahahhahaahhahaa

(Tsurara: wipe~wipe~wipe~wipe~wipe~wipe~)
Rikuo: wai~wait~ Ssttoopp ~ stoooppp~~Tsurara ahahahahahahahahha I say stop!
Tsurara: Yes, almost completely dried.
Rikuo: *panting* Thank you. Well then let me dry you (I'm so tempted to put "I will wipe you" XD)
Tsurara: As for me, I'll be alright. I can dry myself

Rikuo: Really?
Tsurara: Yes, no need to worry. wipe~wipe~wipe~

Tsurara's inner thoughts: Eh?? Stupid, stupid, stupid me!! Why did I reject?? It's such a rare chance that Waka said he want to dry me! Oooh man!!!
Lady: Please come over here. Hot soup is ready. Please drink some. *sigh*
Rikuo: Hai, itadakimasu
Tsurara: Erm... hot stuff to me...
Lady: You... are a snow woman. Let's get you something cold. *drink tea* *sigh*
Rikuo: Say... is there something troubling you?

Lady: Eh?

Rikuo: Because you have been sighing continuously from just now.
Lady: Ahla~ is that so? *sigh*
Tsurara: See, you sighed just now. What happened?

Lady: Well.. by right, I shouldn't discuss this with guests... Actually I am waiting for someone since long ago.

Tsurara: waiting for someone since long ago? By no means, is it someone you loved?

Lady: Well.. should be this feeling I guess. *Sigh* The longer I wait, the more I am unsure when will meet the person in this inn. *sigh*

Rikuo: How long have you waited?
Lady: For more than a decade.

Tsurara: Amazing. Waiting for just that person for such a long time. You're really great.

Lady: Is that so? *sigh*

Tsurara: Yes! Don't you think so too, waka?

Rikuo: Eh? Yes..

Tsurara: Waka?
Rikuo: Ah... nothing. I am thinking how does it feel to be waiting for 10 years.

Tsurara: What kind of feeling... usually should be very lonely?

Rikuo: There should be many types of loneliness? If all were labelled as just loneliness, won't it be too simple? Just now I was thinking, if I am waiting for that person for more than a decade...

Tsurara: Waka...

Lady: Rikuo sama, you have someone that you like too?
Rikuo: Yes
Tsurara: EH?? Who?? Who do you like??
Rikuo: Isn't that needless to say? Of course it's everyone in the clan

Tsurara: Eh?

Rikuo: Everyone in nura clan is like my family. I love all of them
Tsurara: So... so i see... that means, I too...

Rikuo: Of course, Tsurara is an important family member.

Tsurara's inner thoughts: Family member? Should I feel happy or desolate?  Nevertheless, am still happy!

Rikuo: If I can't see everyone for 10 over years, I will feel very sad. If I am to really experience that, it will be even more...

Lady: You are really warm hearted, Rikuo sama.

Rikuo: Eh?
Lady: The only person that understand my feelings is only you, Rikuo sama. To be deemed as important, your nakama must be very fortunate.

Rikuo: No... far from it. I am always taken care of by them. Huh? My name...

Tsurara: What are you saying, waka! There's no one more considerate of their nakama than waka. Always placing others first and putting own self aside.

Rikuo: No, this is what I should be doing.

Tsurara: In the past too. You are clearly very tired, but still do your homework doggedly at the night. Seeing you like this, I am so moved that I want to cry.

Rikuo: Eh? You saw it, Tsurara?
 Tsurara: Yes. When I heard waka saying, " Quadratic equation to me is just a piece of cake", I was so touched that I wanted to faint.
Rikuo: Ahhh, enough, enough. Nothing is more embarrassing than baffling actions caused by lack of sleep .

Lady: Both of you are really close. (note: your observation is superb! XD)

Rikuo: Haha, sorry, we are very noisy.

Lady: It's okay. It's been a long while since this inn was this lively.
Tsurara: Recent customers, all are very quiet?

Lady: No, this inn doesn't have any customer for a long time.
Tsurara: Eh? Why?

Lady: There are people who will cause a disturbance when they see customers in this inn.

Rikuo: People who cause disturbance?

Lady: They are a group of youkai who wished to seize this land. They started to create a ruckus ever since I rejected them during the first negotiation.

*sounds of banging on the door*

Tsurara: Wh...what?
Rikuo: They have damaged the wall.

Lady: How did it come to this? This is dangerous. Please quickly escape from the backdoor.
Tsurara: What? What about you?

Lady: I.... will give up this inn.

Tsurara: Eh? But aren't you waiting for someone?

Lady: No choice... this... I...
Tsurara: But haven't you been always waiting?

Youkai Rikuo: Oi oi, isn't it too early to give up?

Lady: Eh? That figure...

Youkai Rikuo: I will deal with them immediately. Wait for a while.

Lady: Don't tell me you intend to fight with the youkai? Cannot! Those fellows are merciless.

Tsurara: No, it's alright. Because he is a master that protects nakama and leads them. This is his hyakki yakou (night parade of 100 demons)

Y.Rikuo: Only know how to destroy store. What a group of despicable cowards. Listen carefully and remember this well. This is my territory and to those who are unruly *swing sword* I, Nura clan's Third Leader, Nura Rikuo, will not forgive.

*sounds of sword striking*
Tsurara: Waka, I will help too, Noroi no Fubuki. *blow*

Y.Rikuo: *sword strike* Hum, can't endure one hit.

Tsurara: Waka, are you hurt?

Y.Rikuo: Not at all.

Lady: Amazing. In a blink of an eye, those ferocious youkai were...

Y.Rikuo: Lady boss, from now on, you can continue manning this inn.

Lady: Yes, I am very grateful to receive your protection.

Tsurara: Ah, right, as for the person whom the lady boss is waiting for, what kind of person is he? With some information, our clan can help you to find.

Lady: Yes... Well.. I have already met him...

Tsurara: Huh?

Y.Rikuo: How is that so?

Lady: I have been always waiting for Rikuo sama, your visit.

Y.Rikuo: What?

Lady: Rihan sama had promised that one day he would bring a grown up Rikuo sama to this place and drink together.

Y.Rikuo: My father?

Lady: Yes, since Rihan sama had passed away, that promise was not realised. But I always hope that one day will meet Rikuo sama.

Y.Rikuo: So I see.. it's my father. You must have gotten my name from my father?

Lady: Yes. And because I only know the name, I am very sorry that I didn't recognize you from the beginning.
Y.Rikuo: No, that's nothing. And Lady boss, can order some wine? And bring 4 glasses.

Tsurara: 4?

Y.Rikuo: Mine, Tsurara's, Lady boss' and my father's.

Tsurara: Ha
Lady: I understand


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Lady: That, sorry. tonight...

Nurarihyon: Long time no see, lady boss

Lady: Ah, Supreme Commander, how rare.

Nurarihyon: I have heard from Rikuo about the trouble. It's been hard for you.

Lady: No, but it's fortunate that 3rd Leader was here. When I first knew that he is Rikuo sama, I was very shocked and wonder why he was the master, but since I saw his other form, I understood.

Nurarihyon: Same as Rihan?

Lady: And Supreme Commander too. Both exterior and internally.

Nurarihyon: Is that so?
Lady: Yes and all treasure their hyakki yakou. Really the same.

Nurarihyon: Rikuo that fellow is still far behind. For his hyakki yakou to obey him, he is still lacking.

Lady: Oh and also being popular with the girls is hereditary.

Nurarihyon: What? That kid is popular? Where? Which girl?

Lady boss: Ok ok, please take a seat first. We will talk while drinking. Seem like for tonight, we will not go home without being drunk.

-end-

Can't believe I translated the whole thing just to show that Rikuo did his homework while being in youkai form XD. I also love the interaction between Rikuo and Tsurara.

19 comments:

  1. Lady: "I have been waiting for that person for 10 years now *sigh*"
    Tsurara: "Impressive..."
    Setsura: "Bitch please, I have been waiting for 400+ year s and still lghsmlk sfdghvlkevgm bsvlkgxmabcl kvgabndylcka sotgfhjesa igfjaizkcwgA"
    ""...""
    Setsura: "Tea please..."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol! love it! and you are totally right! Setsura had waited for a long time, such pity that she couldn't realize her love, let's hope tsurara does achieve that goal!!

      Delete
  2. lol either setsura never told her daughter or her daughter completely forgotten.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know whether I enjoyed it or not... TT ~ TT
    So Rikuo deems Tsurara as an important family member? That's it!?
    Nevertheless, Thanks for the translation...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rikuo is dense... He just take the girl beside him for granted, he will only know what he will lose when the girl is gone. (bad example: thinking of tsurara while doing laundry in toono)*starts humming save the best for last* anyway his stating that tsurara is only an important family member makes good material for fanfiction writers XD

      Delete
    2. We shouldn't be too hard on Rikuo.. He's still young.. And I hope he won't be as reckless as his old geezer. Nurarihyon FTW.

      Delete
  4. It is not really a rikuoxtsurara tease unlike the other drama cd but then again day-rikuo is only 13, he's not really interested in girls yet...although i find it strange that both of them that did not have ecchi thoughts while tsurara was drying rikuo with a towel

    Btw, thanks for the translation

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahahahahhaahaha we must believe that in this world there are people with pure minds! Even they are one in a zillion!

      Delete
  5. seeing this I think Tsurara was there since he was little and Rikuo is not shy. Nanny thing I guess.

    ReplyDelete
  6. just wanna ask when was this drama cd published...
    sorr for m awful English...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. nay, my english is not perfect either. I think this is included in the season 2 first dvd collection, which was out in late last year.

      Delete
  7. Thank-so much for translating!! i really enjoyed seeing Rikuo interaction with Tsurara. I just crack up at his reaction when tsurara was drying him, LOL~

    and don't you just love night Rikuo voice? ^_^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yuppie and love it even more when I found out both day and night were done by one voice actor. I always thought that day rikuo, like detective Conan, was done by a female low voice and night rikuo by a male. It still boggles my mind. Jun Fukuyama rocks!

      Delete
    2. you said it!! ^_~ hopefully we can see later on rikuo realizing that tsurara is more than 'just family' can't wait until it happens!! 6_^ although, its shonen i still keep my hopes up!!

      Delete
    3. Plus, Fukuyama has done some other roles that feature a major character with multiple sides or "personalities", which I thought was pretty cool. He did that kind of character in one anime series and a visual novel I think. :)

      Delete
    4. I hope i can find one video showing how he changes his voices. This clip is pretty amazing too~ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mgSHO3SZLCk

      Delete
  8. ....wait a minute,wasn't there supposed to be setsura and nurarihyon in that inn (shows flashback) and nurarihyon asks the lady what's her problem etc etc so she tell about her love confession and nurarihyon says to setsura that "your soul and body only belongs to me" and setstura goes all happy happy and then nurarihyon says "see thats how u confess" and then setsura's becomes mad and freezes nurarihyon in the tavern......=_____=;

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, there's 3 parts to this inn radio drama. First is nurarihyon n Setsura, 2nd is rihan and 3rd is rikuo and tsurara.

      Delete