Saturday, May 26, 2012

Chapter 203

as usual spoilers ahead~

I must admit that I do enjoy reading rikutsura fans' reactions to hiroshi's rikuoxyura and rikuoxkana shipteases *evil grin*


Found and translated a chinese post which I found to be very funny, yet admired his/her passion for rikutsura, although I do not agreed with it 100%. Before that, I will post these 6+ panels which brought out sadness/unhappiness from the rikutsura fans :D

"Feeling sad after reading 203 just now. It's a chapter that causes us much suffering. I am aware that RikuoxKana fans have something to talk about." "Still there are panels full of love from Rikuo and Tsurara"

" Human group visited Rikuo. And of course, Kana is one of them.
Everyone is excited as it's their first time to see so many youkai in Rikuo's house.
Rikuo came out to welcome them (Me: actually rikuo thought that aotabou and kuratabou had came back, so rushed out to meet them, only to find that it's the human group)
Tsurara rushed out and wrapped a haori/coat around Rikuo. 
【Outside is very cold. Rikuo sama should wear more】

Then comes the important part
Tsurara wrapping haori around Rikuo is a feature panel!!!!
Feature yo!!!!!

That natural action that doesn't feel out of place.
Rikuo didn't show any surprise to Tsurara's action.
Tsurara is wife~ wife~
RikuTsura get full marks~ full marks~"

 Random gossip from ignorant audience (Me: I think it's mangaka's reflection of fans' opinions in recent chapters XD) 
Forbidden Love????
There's inconceivable expression on Yura's face
【What the heck!!There's no such thing!!How can it be!!】

For Tsurara, it's a face full of panic
And in Tsurara's bubble, there are some obivous words [hit by a blow] 
She immediately looked at Rikuo 
【What did you both do in Kyushu!?】
Rikuo's sweatdrop expression 
No chance to explain to Wife sama. How? "
 (Me: I think this panel is hiroshi sensei's funny response to previous yura x rikuo moments XD)

"And then everyone sat together for discussion.
*attention, attention*
Tsurara always sits beside Rikuo yo~~~~~
And then it's always like this in alot of sitting together panels.
If there's Rikuo, you will find Tsurara."
(Me: Yura looks so cute when she is eating~)
"Well
I know everyone don't want to see this
I just put this out as a cushion padding
The important point is below!!!!"
"Look at the point of vision between Rikuo and Kana
and compare to the point of vision where Rikuo rushed to rescue Tsurara in the Tsuchigumo chapter.
Can you see the difference between these 2 panels???!!!

 Below consists of a carefree analysis~~
When Rikuo looked at Kana, his eyebrows are scrunched tightly, tails of eyebrows pointed up and corners of mouth dropped down!!!
There's a feeling of irritation !!!

When looking at Tsurara , his eyebrows were relaxed, eyebrows' tails were smooth, although the corners of the mouth dropped a bit, you can see that the feeling is different from the previous kana's panel!!! No explanation needed!!
 In summary, there's no need to explain!!!!!"

  
"This panel follows right after the point of vision.
Can see that, right after giving kana a glance, he turned and walked off without any hesitation."
(Me: actually he is just acting cool :P he did look back at kana to tell her to wait for his night parade)
"I finally understand why everyone started scolding Hiroshi sensei right after reading this page."
" The last important point is the last sentence.
【Wait for my night parade】
Understand?
It's not wait for my return, but wait for my night parade, ah "
 "I believe everyone can understand what I am trying to bring across and my mood  

In summary, for chapter 203, there's still love between Rikuo and Tsurara!!"
Seriously this chapter makes me feel that Kana likes night rikuo more, so much more.

~~~~~~~~~~~
later edited 28 may:

Woohoo, the english transcanlation is out. It is interesting to see how one can get different meanings just by shifting the words in a sentence. I bet the chinese rikutsura fans will not be so heartbroken to see the last few panels are "Have faith in my hyakki yakou and wait" instead of "believe in me and wait here. Wait for my hyakki yakou" The 2nd sentence keeps reminding me of wakana joining rihan in his hyakki yakou patrol. Alot of fanfiction writers wrote about kana joining rikuo's night patrols and brought out much saddness from tsurara.

I really like Kiyotsugu. He is the only normal human in the story to contribute the most. He tried his best to help his friend, by the only way he knew how, researching and gathering information. I can easily imagine that that ever since the tokyo tag arc, he would be online, defending rikuo in forums.

As for Ryuuji and Yura... Yura really looks up to her brother. If Yura becomes head, Ryuuji will be her right hand man. Young Ryuuji is soo cute~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
much later edit
....................................................................................................................................i am debating with myself on whether to put this up.. guess i will just put it up for my own reference.... sigh. Isn't 信じて 待ってなオレの百鬼夜行をな!= believe and wait for my hyakki yakou? it's during such times that i wished i had worked hard on my japanese...

18 comments:

  1. I don't think it is irritation, just strong determination (tough he is more carefree with Tsurara and Yura). And Hiroshi has some wicked humor putting that flashback and text there seeing as it was those words that made Rikuo an ass towards Youaki for 4 entire years ^_^;

    And yes, it does feel like she likes N!Rikuo more (she even confirms it herself that Rikuo comes after "that person" on her love list at start of Subway Girl arc). On other hand, Yura seems to like D!Rikuo more (she is a tsundere comrade towards N!Rikuo but is very affectionate towards D!Rikuo) while Tsurara likes the fact that there are two of them and doesn't discriminate.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This has been bothering me for the past few chapters. Rikuo is more carefree around Yura than with Tsurara. With Yura, he acts like a friend, a boy that makes jokes with yura and teases yura. I can't remember whether if rikuo has acted that way with Tsurara (maybe when he was super young and still playing pranks)............. With tsurara, he is always in the master mode, and tsurara is in servant mode for 2/3 of the time.

      I feel sad for tsurara... Hope that Rikuo will act more like a friend and less like a master towards Tsurara.

      Hmm, I feel that Yura likes N.Rikuo too but she doesn't know how to react towards him as he had pushed her into the pond. If he didn't pushed her into the pond, i think yura will treat d.rikuo and n.rikuo the same.

      As for tsurara... did she only blushed towards n.rikuo and never towards d.rikuo?

      Delete
    2. It is probably because on the social ladder, Yura is same like Rikuo: both are young heads of their families... and unlike Kana and Tsurara, Yura can take care of herself. All that makes her feel more like a comrade I guess.
      Also, Tsurara doesn't try enough to act as anything but subordinate... unlike her mother who always asserted herself around. She should try to tease him a bit more really.

      Either way, most important development for Tsurara will happen whenever the Setsura mystery gets taken care of. However, that mystery seems to be connected with the HM side of the story (judging by the few hints) so I doubt that will happen during the current arc.

      I don't think Yura cares much about being thrown into the pond... she just doesn't seem to like N!Rikuo's general (seductive) attitude. Seems she is the only one who notices that N!Rikuo likes to seduce people into loving him XD

      Tsurara blushes mainly when Rikuo does something to her... but D!Rikuo is too calm to make her blush so it is hard to find an example (she did blush when he took her ice cream and so made an indirect kiss XD ). However, both his forms have a lot of tease with her.

      Delete
    3. hehe maybe tsurara's father is the nose! That's why we never get to see the nose. He might be the mysterious man who treated kejourou's wounds in the tokyo tag arc. I doubt setsura will ever appear again.

      Yura is trying her best not to be charmed by N.Rikuo hehe

      Yeah, d.rikuo is too calm, too uninterested in love stuff, where else n.rikuo tries to seduce everyone hahaha. But the thing is the teases are unintentional, or there's a need for it, like holding hands because they were running away, sharing icecream, because tsurara never buy one for him, hell, sharing ice cream with tsurara is no big deal to him. can't believe it, i feel jealous for tsurara, If tsurara knows that rikuo likes patting yura's head, she will want rikuo to pat her head too (currently working on translating a radio drama where something similar happened)

      I always find tsurara pouring out her love, but only received vague reactions from rikuo

      Delete
    4. I am pretty sure Ryuuji treated Kejorou's wounds (what a tsundere he is...)

      Setsura will most likely not appear outside flashbacks... but even flashbacks are fine IMO (oh, and I laughed how 2nd novel called Setsura a tsundere XD ).

      I still think Nose is Fuguruma Youbi... furthermore, mythological Fuguruma is connected with Tsukumogami (she or her partner is the leader of a tsukumogami Hyakku yakoi... and she herself has the ability to create youkai from items) and HM arc started with a Tsukumogami attacking Tsurara... in the arc where we found out that Setsura played an important role in 300 years war against HM.

      Hm, maybe Setsura stole Fuguruma's boyfriend... that would be something :D

      Yeah, Rikuo is kind of unaware of affection the girls feel around him XD

      Delete
    5. Hmm you are right. That might be how Ryuuji knew the other kejourous were fake.

      Flashbacks are fine by me too. I just want to know who is tsurara's father~ But then again, setsura seems to be still pining after nurarihyon. Wanting tsurara to kill that grandpa.

      I c I c, maybe that's why the tsukumogami attacked the area which Setsura was in charge and also attacked her daughter. Hmm Setsura played an important role in HM war? I only remember her hanging around the nura main house.

      Delete
    6. I mean want tsurara to kiss that grandpa. Not kill

      Delete
  2. I mean, lets remember what Kana said in that scene in c001: she told him to become a great and respectful person (reason why he became such an errand boy for everyone in school) and than yelled at how she hates and despises youkai.

    Not that I blame her or anything and she radically changed her view on Youkai and no doubt she wouldn't want Rikuo to do what he did for those 4 years, but it doesn't change the fact that this was some wicked sense of humor.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I keep thinking that if kana was not afraid of youkai and accepted rikuo's stories while in elementary school, her chance as rikuo's wife will be so much higher. She would get to hang out in rikuo's house and maybe be the first to see him transformed and remove tsurara as a competitor.

      But then again, by making him an errand boy, Kana has great foresight that this will help him out in the hundred stories arc. :P

      Oh well, if I am in her situation, I will tell rikuo not to mention about youkai and stuff too :P (I have heard rumours about my landlord keeping ghost child, which totally freaked me out.)

      Delete
  3. Nya~ I loved this chapter simply because Ryuuji was in it. Yura and Ryuuji's similiar traits: gives out that badass vibe and are both tsunderes. I'm not that attached to RxT anymore as I used to be. (Dammit, Hiroshi, throw in more RxT! You don't want me sulking like a spoiled kid!) Ofufufu~ Ryuuji calling Yura's shikigami fusion "indecent". What did Kana mean by "those sorts of people"? It was even emphasized. O w O

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can understand how you feel... I want more rikuo x tsurara shipteases! Oh man, if only ryuuji and yura are not blood related siblings, I will ship them very hard. They both are so cute together in this chapter.

      Hmm I don't know what kana mean too, but it sounds rude in english. Maybe not so rude in japanese, I guess.

      Delete
    2. She means the Youkai Yakuza. She probably used that wording due to not being sure how else to call them.

      Delete
    3. Hmm.. In my opinion, it seems rather rude >___>. Or is it just because I don't like Kana that much? O w O

      Delete
    4. I'm neutral towards her, ship her n kiyo :p I do find her expression to be quite weird in the panel where she said that sort of people. She is not looking at rikuo's face, but at his left hand. By right should look at rikuo, in the same way as tsurara in the umbrella scene. Man, I wish there's more scenes like the umbrella before this manga ends.

      Delete
  4. The umbrella scene was one of the strongest ship teases for RxT. >___<

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love drawing Tsurara!! She's just so cute!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What episode is the umbrella scene?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. sadly, the anime ended b4 the umbrella scene. this umbrella scene belongs to the hundred stories arc

      Delete